Melissa has always had a passion for the arts. Since the age of 4 she danced ballet. At 9 years of age, she joined the Academy of Ballet and Jazz School of Canadian Ballet Theatre where her passion for dance expanded to character, jazz and hip hop. Melissa went on to study Dance at York University where she was introduced to different cultures of dance and the physiology of the human body as it relates to movement. She then studied belly dance at Freddy’s Dance Academy and The Dark Side Studio and became a performer and teacher for the Arabian Sahara Dance Company.
Melissa ventured off into other forms of ‘movement’ and decided to join the Hourglass Workout. Within 3 months, she became an Hourglass Workout Challenge winner, which spurred her passion in fitness and nutrition. Inspired by Lyzabeth Lopez and the Hourglass Workout, she became a personal trainer and a Registered Holistic Nutritionist in hopes to inspire and help other women and to be a vibrant member of a family and a community. Her desire lies within creating an opportunity for wholeness, equality, lifestyle and self-expression through empowering women with the tools to become mindfully strong, healthy and confident.
- Canfit Pro Personal Training Certification
- Registered Holistic Nutritionist – CSNN
- Dance Kinesiology – York University
- Level 1 Suhaila Salimpour: Bellydance Foundations
- Goodlife Bootcamp Certification
- Fitness Kickboxing Level 1 – Fitness Kickboxing Canada
- Lebert Equalizer – Body Weight Foundations